Friday, May 15, 2009

The Transporter 3 (2009)


I’ll be honest; I didn’t know that The Transporter is one of the movies which had a sequel. I thought there was no Transporter 2 until I knew there was a Transporter 3. Anyway, if Too Fast Too Furious is about lavish sports cars, The Transporter highlights expensive, refined cars like BMWs, Mercedes, Lancer etc. You get what I mean. The movie is as usual, the Transporter is paid to transport something somewhere. No names, no questions, and always on time. The problem lies in how he is forced to do his job and how this time, he is practically ‘attached’ to his car.

The plot is simple as it goes something like this… Bad guys want something; they find someone suitable for the job. The person for the job gets into someone directly involved in the job, and the suitable guy seeks to save his new found interest. It’s sort of like Bangkok Dangerous. Nonetheless, the driving skills on display save this movie any further embarrassment, as I thought the skills on display were just fantastic. This is a movie worth to watch, but I’ll be honest to say it will get lame if Transporter 4 does something similar.

No comments: